Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Language switch shortcut on hardware keyboard

kkendd
Hi all,

Forgive me if this is due to my ignorance or lack of perception or both.
I was wondering if there is a shortcut for language switch for hardware keyboards using the Smart Keyboard app.
Say, for instance, I currently have English and Korean as my keyboard layouts, and the soft keyboard shows a button on the bottom left to switch between the two.
I have a Moto DROID, which has a hardware keyboard as well, and I can't find out a way to switch between the two layouts on the hardware keyboard.

For those of you who don't know, the Korean keyboard has and uses the same number of keys as an English keyboard, and thus it is possible to use the DROID's English based keyboard to type in Korean with ease - that is, if the keyboard app supports the language switch.
So the keyboard app I used before Smart Keyboard had a shortcut (Shift + Space) when using the hardware keyboard, which switched between English and Korean, and would have an icon on the notification bar showing if the keyboard is in English mode or Korean mode.

If there already is such a function, sorry for asking a dumb question. Silly me.
If not, this could be a handy addition for the few of us who use language layouts such as Korean that fits the English hardware keyboard layout.

Thanks a lot.
cyril Developer
Hello
yes I will add this feature in a future release
ajiekc905
Hello.
Cyril, you sheduled to implement keyboard mapping for all languages?
cyril Developer
This is in my TODO as well as many other things, so I don't know yet when I will start working on this topic