Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

BiDi (Hebrew/Arabic) hacks in text autocompletion

mitnits
Hello.

First of all - compliments on a very nice product that you have published, I really like most of its features.

There's one thing that makes this keyboard irksome for me to use - Hebrew (and Arabic) RTL text in the dictionary suggestions is reversed backwards.

This happens because I am running a build of Froyo android where BiDi support is actually properly implemented in all levels of the software stack. This means that I need a configuration option (put it in "advanced, if needed) to cancel out whatever hack that currently is used to reverse BiDi in your program (so that broken BiDi in the "Canvas.drawText" android API will not mess it up). I am fully OK with having the current behavior as default, but I really need an option to make your keyboard assume that the BiDi stack on the phone is fully functional.

Thanks in advance (and yes, I *will* buy a copy of your keyboard for my wife's Nexus one if/when this is fixed)
cyril Developer
Hello
this option already exists: "RTL suggestions" in the advanced settings