Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Predictive text error? "Ans"

eolsgaard
I don't know if this is something weirdly specific to my phone, but I have a strange error whenever I accidentally type "ans" instead of "and":

In the auto-correct, I set "ans --> and" and "Ans --> and". And when I type "Ans" at the beginning of a sentence, it automatically switches to "and", as would be expected.

HOWEVER, when I type "ans" in the middle of a sentence, it auto-corrects to "Ans".

I made sure that "Ans" is in neither my Smart Keyboard dictionary, nor my HTC dictionary, and it's not involved in any of my contacts at all. To be sure, I unchecked the option to add my contacts to the dictionary, and the error persists. Is anyone else getting this error?
cyril Developer
Actually "Ans" is in the english dictionary of smart keyboard, and indeed there is a problem with the custom auto text in that case.
However it works better if you use the "smart dictionary" option too
eolsgaard
Wow, that totally fixed it.

I had it Smart Dictionary off because it randomly added words to my dictionary when I hit "b" by accident ("heybthere" or "takebcare" for example). However, those words never actually popped up because I'd only typed them once in a blue moon. After deleting them, I turned off Smart Dictionary, but that caused way more problems than just leaving it on. Thanks for the help!!