Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Feature Requests topic - post here instead of a new thread

TheTehk17
Every few hours there are about 20 new spammers, and clearly that is too much for one moderator to handle, since I have to manually remove each of their posts. So just post in this thread instead of making a new one.

This is temporary until cyril bumps me to admin, so I can manage spam better.

Sorry for the inconvenience. There is just too much spam now, and without administrator access, I cannot do much about it besides deleting posts, of which there are too many per day to keep under control.
boowalley
:?: When are you going to update the voice input to ICS or Jelly Bean ? The present is getting a little out dated with all of your competition running the OS's current Voice Typing input method from Google.
TheTehk17
boowalley wrote::?: When are you going to update the voice input to ICS or Jelly Bean ? The present is getting a little out dated with all of your competition running the OS's current Voice Typing input method from Google.

I am just a moderator, I don't actually have anything to do with development, sorry. I can't really speak for cyril, the developer, since he is working on other projects right now.
boowalley
Please pass this request on to Cyril, since he's gotten so big time that he needs a moderator ;)
TheTehk17
boowalley wrote:Please pass this request on to Cyril, since he's gotten so big time that he needs a moderator ;)
All right, I will let him know when I can ;)
nutpn
Would you consider emailing me the sounds from keyboard pro,I love the way they are,I would like to use as default on my device,thanks
tigranbadalyan
Hello
I want to ask you a favor.
Armenian keyboard layout in smart keyboard pro has three rows and it inconvenient to print because not all letters are visible.
Can you make armenian layout with four rows like stock keyboard in ICS 4.0.4 please.
I can send screenshots to your email if you need.

Sincerely Tigran Badalyan
scadarick
I am just now trying smart keyboard pro and I really like the poping sound when typing. Now I have been using swiftkey for sometime now and I would like to request that you add reading sms messages, emails, and so on to beef up your predictions. So far this would make smart keyboard even smarter. These are the best places to get normal information that you type on a regular basis. Like in swiftkey when I am typing an email address it already has it in my prediction bar by just typing my first part of my email address like scadarick, it will show me scadarick@gmail.com in the prediction bar as well when I am sending a message to my daughter all I have to type is mid for missy. Also when you add your email address from the prediction bar it automaticly adds a space after the email as well as a password, when this happens and you submit a form it adds the extra space making your log on in correct because its looking for a space which invalidates your logon. I hope that makes since. One more thing smart keyboard closes on me sometime while I am still typing. Have spook intomy suggestions adding g the email and sms and Facebook will give.the user mire accurate information thatbelongs to the user making prediction much more accurate.
tez
Here´s a feature request:
I like the German Layout including Umlauts öäü very much.
But for German language the sharp s "ß" is very important too.
At German keyboard layouts it is positioned right to the "0".
Please add this to the German+öäü Layout.

Thank you in advance!
scadarick
nutpn wrote:Would you consider emailing me the sounds from keyboard pro,I love the way they are,I would like to use as default on my device,thanks
i agree, its one of the reasons i use it, would love to have it, not sure how to make it work with default keyboard yet, but sure would be nice, like the poster said...its great!
Panth
Would like to use single letters from dictionary. I use "i" alot, but even tho i've manually added it to the dictionary, the dictionary in T9 doesn't "begin" untill 2nd letter typed.

1st letter only shows ex. "g h i"

Then i have to select "i" from sugestions every time i wanna use it.
yhwhsupports
It seems there haven't been many more downloads of Smart Keyboard Pro on the market in the 2 years I've had it, so I'm guessing the project is a little neglected, and who could blame Cyril, there's no reason to dump money or time into a dead project, even though skp is phenomenal. My issue is that I tried a new keyboard, SwiftKey 3, and it helps me type nearly flawlessly. SKP does a great job, and I love the skins, especially all the ones I made myself, and the addition of the font capabilities made that even sweeter. I'm writing this to hopefully influence Cyril into looking at SwiftKey 3 and see if he can make SKP better through some of their work. I certainly miss my skin, and a couple of the features that SwiftKey 3 is lacking, but when it comes to me needing a keyboard that keeps my typing flawless, SwiftKey 3 has surpassed SKP.

Thanks,
Entry typed with SwiftKey 3
boowalley
Aman, brother. This app has been abandoned to the dismay of one of it's early adopters and fans. The market is full of outstanding keyboards and I use them but I always hold out a little hope that SKP will somehow come back to life. I also use swiftkey and Super keyboard is the closet I've come to SKP. But with the SKP Voice input stuck in froyo, it's kind of hard to justify using especially since I'm running Jelly Bean on my SG3. :oops:
Woam
Hi,
Is there a way to hide the apostrophe button in portrait mode using french azerty keyboard? I can't find the option to hide it and I often hit the button instead of backspace when typing and it's a bit annoying. I've added thhe apostrophe in my personalized toolbar at the top of the keyboard so it's useless to have it on the keyboard and it'd be better if the backspace was larger without the apostrophe button. So if there was an option to hide it that would be great.
Great keyboard, the best I ever used!! Very good job
gadgetsnpepsi
This isn't really a feature request, I think. More like a skin request, or enhancement to the skin. :)

I use Smart Keyboard Pro now as my default keyboard. I've tried lots of other keyboards, and this is the only one that has a near perfect pure Black skin. It's great, except for one minor thing that it doesn't have: a different key color when pressed. Like, if I don't enable pop up, vibrate or sounds in the keyboard, there isn't a visible way for me to see that I've pressed the right key. I don't use the dictionary, or auto-correct, since I'm not in a primarily English speaking country.

I know that I can just enable the pop up when pressed, but I'd rather not since it eats a little more memory if enabled (based on a blog post I read before).

Changing that key pressed color to, say, blue or green would be awesome. Or, better yet, add a functionality so the user can set this, especially for solid color skins like Black or White (o look, feature request! I'm not off-topic now!)
v6ak
Hello,
I use Smart Keyboard on my Sony Ericsson SK17i phone (a model with a hardware keyboard). There are some features I'd like to have:

1) The autocompletion is really useful in Czech, since there are some special charcters (e.g. áéíóúýžščřďťň) missing on the hardware keyboard. This is well supported on the Sony Ericsson's keyboard: I can choose the desired symbol by left/right arrow and confirm it by enter. I've found it more comfortable from several reasons. However, I can't use arrow keys for these actions in Smart Keyboard.

-- there are also some less important features I miss: --

2) There is a Sym key on my keyboard which is unused with Smart Keyboard keyboard. It shows a symbol popup of special symbols that aren't on my keyboard. However, I've found an alternative. I currently use autoreplacements, for example xsbl -> [, xsbr -> ], xsbp -> []:

3) I'd also like to have an copy&paste way on my keyboard.
jellyhead
I have been using Smart Keyboard for 2 years. So far it has been my favorite addon keyboard. I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 which requires new features in a keyboard. There are 2 features I would like to request added.

1. One-Handed operation for large screens as the stock note 2 keyboard has.
2. Top row numbers as the stock note 2 keyboard has.

I actually would just use the stock Note 2 keyboard since it works well except for they left out auto correct. This is the only reason I'm using an addon keyboard at this point. I have quit using Smart Keyboard pro because the screen on the Note 2 is too large and there is no option to resize the keyboard for one-handed thumb use. I have tried 3 other alternative keyboards with the option to resize for one-handed use. I have opted to use another keyboard even though I like Smart Keyboard Pro much better solely because of the lacking one-handed mode. The built in Note 2 keybaord has the best one-handed mode of all of them but SlideIT KB has a similar option. I am currently using Kii KB which can be resized to one side of the screen however it can't be easily switched from side to side. The only reason I chose Kii KB is that it also has the top row numbers. Even though I only used the stock Note 2 KB for a few days, I found the top row numbers quite nice and find this feature a real time saver. With the popularity of the Note 2 I'm sure there will be more devices of this size soon. One-handed use is going to be a must have option to remain competitive.
KillerBG
Hello!
First I want to thank You for the great job done!
I'm typing this post from my fresh Smart Keyboard Pro and I'm realy happy with it.

There is only one thing I would REALY like to see - three state domain button (auto, on, off).
Looks like something easy and quick to implement since there is such dialogue existing for the smiley key.
Having labels showing the current slider state in units would help too.

I have another idea too but it's not that important for me - split mode.
Sadly it would require more work and time spent so I'm not asking about it.

Thanks in advance and have a great success in your work and life!

P.S.: I don't know why but my previous post dissapeared.
If there is something wrong with my request please tell me!
bilal1947
Can smart keyboard developer include swype feature in it? To make it the top keyboard again.

Thanks