Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Disable Landscape Fullscreen?

assbutt
Is it possible to add the ability to disable fullscreen mode for the landscape layout?

I find the only keyboard that does this is the HTC_IME mod, and with screens reaching 4 inches dont see why its not more common to have the option.
cyril Developer
Hello
that's quite easy to add, this will be in a next version
v941726
i was gonna ask this too. its too big on my screen. small hands. :)
cyril Developer
Actually that's more difficult than I thought... I will need more time
syddel
This is a feature I desperately want. I have a Dell Streak (5 inch screen), and it's annoying when the entire top half of my screen is one big text input box. Please make landscape mode function the same as portrait mode - I'd pay for the app again if you did!
ironaces
I am in the same camp as Syddel. Very frustrating having a text area that fills a 5 inch screen. Very unslightly. Is there any ETA on when this will be fixed?
cyril Developer
No... I spent hours on this without success, so I will have a look at it again when I have some spare time, which I don't have ;)
ironaces
Rather annoying. I'll be looking for another app then. Wasted money!
cyril Developer
If you think talking like that is the best way to give me motivation to look at this FEATURE (it's not a "fix"), you are wrong.
People don't realize how cheap is an android app compared to the work it requires, especially when you can get unlimited updates for free!
If you cannot wait give me your order number and I will cancel/refund your order
machx
:-( sorry you have to deal with people like that. They want what they want when they want it for freed and you will only hear from them when they want something! The price of this app is an excellent value especially when you consider what do you use more often on the phone besides the keyboard and the screen? As if brute force is going to elicit a response.... trolls like thiswhywecan't havenicethings.jpg

I too would love to have non-full screen keyboard. One thing I have noticed is that in browser the keyboard is not full screen. Not sure why this is but perhaps the active app is the one who is offending? I guess you would have to find a way around that. I am very patient as this is far from a dealbreaker!

Registered just to let you know I've been using your keyboard for several months now and it is my keyboard of choice by far. Keep up the good work!
assbutt
Yeah the keyboard is dope but constantly having the text box up in landscape mode chaffs one's backside (AHEM!). I'm sure you'll rub the Android belly and he'll grant you a wish to have a non-fullscreen landscape mode.
assbutt
Preliminary usage yields positive results. You have done well cyril!
craftyrailchick
I happen to love this feature because this is the keyboard I fat finger the least. I had this on the droid 1 and now I am using it on the X and I am quite happy with it... I use the iPhone skin because it spaces the buttons out the best.