Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Swipe back to delete is pretty weak

delriogil
It takes two to four tries to get a word to delete when I swipe to the left. Take a look at SwiftKey; it's practically flawless when swiping to the left to delete a word. The keyboard also seems a bit laggy. Using an HTC Droid Incredible.
cyril Developer
SwiftKey is not multitouch. Multitouch and swipe detection are difficult to mix together for technical reasons
I will try to improve this but that's far from being trivial
stimpsonjc
I have the HTC Incredible here too.

Swipe to delete a word works perfectly for me.
delriogil
Thanks a lot Cyril for taking a look at it. I had no idea that the multitouch conflicted with the swiping. Still the best keyboard though.
phaze3131
I personally just use t9 and don't use or need multi touch so an option to disable the multi touch would be awesome. the swiping feature when using t9 is very cool. it def conflicts you can tell when key presses are activated. thanks and would love option to disable multi touch :-) great app :-)