Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Better Keyboard Skins

eolsgaard
Hey Cyril,

LOVE the latest updates. Pretty much has made this keyboard perfect. Nearly all of the skins work now, but there are a few that don't seem to load properly. Rather than showing the custom buttons, they show the original stock android keyboard, in varying shades of grey. Is there another keyboard skin update coming that will allow SKP to read these skins properly?

Thanks!
cyril Developer
Yes, if you give me the name of the skins that don't work!!
eolsgaard
All of the ones made by "Better Android" or "Better Android Addon" I've tried have come up looking funny, but I haven't tried too many of them, just these:

Better Keyboard Skin - iPhone
Better Keyboard - DarkGray
Better Keyboard - Glass Orb

Thanks!
onthecouch
Cyril, how do I enable Better Keyboard skins? The only skins I see available are: Android, HTC, iPhone, Gray, White & Black. I don't see any other 'Better Keyboard' skin available. I do have the pro version bought.

Thanks.

Edit: Android 2.1, with latest SKB update (Aug 15)

Edit 2: Okay, I feel stupid. I didn't download any skins!

-_-'
cyril Developer
eolsgaard wrote:All of the ones made by "Better Android" or "Better Android Addon" I've tried have come up looking funny, but I haven't tried too many of them, just these:

Better Keyboard Skin - iPhone
Better Keyboard - DarkGray
Better Keyboard - Glass Orb

Thanks!
Hmm that's strange, I tested them and they work fine...
Hampus
i have the same issue, with the same skins on my htc desire. just bought SK 2 days ago and everything else works greate but not skins from beter android
here's a example with whitekeyboard

External image (i34.tinypic.com)
eolsgaard
Hmm... I tried re-installing both SKP and the keyboard skin, to no effect. Mine looks exactly like the screenshot posted by Hampus above.

I wonder if I have some strange combination of settings that is causing problems for me? Oddly, for the Better Android iPhone skin, the enter, shift, del, and ?123 keys, as well as the background of the keyboard, seem to change properly. But the actual letter keys revert to the drab grey-looking image in Hampus' screenshot.

(P.S. What's that battery app you use, Hampus? Or is that what comes with the Desire? That's so cool...)
cyril Developer
Ok so there must be something different on your phones...
To understand why, could you please do the following?

1) Install "Log Collector" app
2) Get and install the beta version with additional logs here: http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/be ... 2_beta.apk (you can install it with Astro File Manager, in case you don't know how to do it)
3) Switch to a skin which doesn't work
4) Open the keyboard
5) Use "Log Collector" to send me your phone logs by mail

Hope there will be enough information
eolsgaard
Okay, sent the log.

I wonder if it has to do with you being on Froyo and I'm still on Eclair?
Hampus
log sent and im on froyo to all non better android skin works tested almost all
nick.koutrelakos
I also have the same problem as the picture shows, more specifically with the better keyboard iphone skin.
cyril Developer
Ok, I reproduced the problem on the android emulator, I will investigate
cyril Developer
OK problem understood. That's (hopefully) fixed in 3.0.2
Hampus
Eta on it and and maybe a changelog teaser? ;)
eolsgaard
Hmmm, so the beta that you posted earlier on this thread should have fixed it? Or is there a final version of 3.0.2 coming? I only ask because so far the beta doesn't seem to have solved the problem.

Thanks for all your help!
cyril Developer
I mean I uploaded 3.0.2 on the market 5 hours ago (the beta doesn't have the fix)
nick.koutrelakos
I can confirm that the problem is fixed now.