Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

t9 not functioning properly

phaze3131
great app and its so close to perfect.

the following words are examples of problems

we... well: we should be default selected for 93 keys

try ...trying: same problem as above

too...tonight: same problem as above

these short words are all recognized just suggested second or third for their exact key presses.


we, try, and too are all in user dictionary also but regardless even if not the long words shouldn't be suggested before short ones.

in general its trying to be too smart and in return losing functionality of basic t9 and what makes t9 so much more elite than other texting methods.

thanks and can't wait for a fix

travis
cyril Developer
Have you tried the smart dictionary option? It's precisely there to improve T9 suggestions by learning what you really use most
phaze3131
what I have learned in the past day of doing this is that it is not a solution for pure t9 functionality. words being suggested ahead of dictionary words really loses the idea of what makes t9 so much more elite than other methods of typing.

I'm never going to type the word "ac" more than "can" so "can" will always come up first for the 22 key press. that is just one example of course, I founf this to be a problem with many words.

the simple fix would be to make dictionary words more important than other future predicting words. normal t9 does not do this but it seems new Lapps trying to replicate it try and be too "smart"... think about making a true t9 that would totally rock :)
cyril Developer
You are right, words with the right number of letters could get more priority, I will check how to do this for T9 / compact only
phaze3131
you are legit the man :-) your texting t9 app is so far superior in terms of speed even the second best one the HTC ime by Jonas is not even close to yours. I feel like with what I request deserves a donation :-) when you get to the on screen displaying the first choice real time you better expect one :-)
v1nsai
Just bumping this idea since I already created another topic about it without searching first :oops:

Great work on this keyboard, I only wish I could help more.
v1nsai
Any estimate of when well be seeing this implemented?
cyril Developer
Not yet, but it's still in the TODO list, hope I have time soon to work on it
phaze3131
testing now, I will post back but so far it seems awesome!!!
phaze3131
Dood! You did it!

This is the first standard t9 app out there! man I have been waiting for this forever!

It is perfect you fixed the displaying of the words as you type also!

I am def donating for your work, awesome job man where is your donation link?

I'm going to post this on the droidforums.net because people have been waiting for just this!

thanks!

Travis
cyril Developer
Unfortunately I cannot easily receive donations (as I run a company, nearly everything would go to the French state so this would be wasted money) but if you want to help, advertizement is good too ;)