Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
Hi,
I bought your keyboard a few days ago and I LOVE IT! Something happened this morning that made me love it even more, but now it's gone. I woke up and had a few unread text messages, went to reply and the keys were a lot thinner with more space between them and easier to hit accurately! I replied to all my messages in half the time it usually takes me. Then I went to work and put the phone away. More messages came in and when I went to answer but the regular iPhone skin was there. I tried looking at every option and setting, tried all the skins, can't find a way to get it back. Any ideas?
Not sure... it was probably a bug

you should have made a screenshot, as it's difficult to tell something without actually seeing it
I know I should have it's killing me that i didn't. Any chance of getting a skinny skin like that?
Now that the skin engine is available, I let people create skin themselves, I am not good at it

I had the same issue. No screenshot.

I think it's just an artifact due to the update itself (android has some strange bugs when a keyboard is restarted)
Just restart your phone
Well... are you talking about landscape mode? I just found a bug which will be fixed in the next version
Cyril,
This is happening right now for me too and I'd like to take a picture but I got unrooted with the latest Froyo. It's wonderful and, having mentioned this a possible approach way back in the early days, I feel a bid vindicated. heheheh
I really don't want to lose this if at all possible. Mine seems to be hanging in there. Any ideas on how I can keep it around. The space between each key is about half the size of the keys (or maybe even a bit bigger). This is with the screen taller than wide (not sure if that's portrait or landscape). The other way it's the same old keyboard layout and size.
This thin keys bug appears when you are in portrait mode and seems to appear randomly. I agree it is a huge help in typing quickly in portrait mode
It's not random here. It's 100% of the time for me. Since it started I haven't seen the old layout.
This has occurred on my droid1-2.2 since 2.2OTA, mostly infrequently for short periods but 3 days ago, after rotating from landscape to portrait, the thin keys remained that way for most of the day. Looks kind of cool & seemed like my accuracy might have been better...the potential is intriguing.