Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

please help!

ukulele
Double pressing spacebar adds period after a word. PLEASE, CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW DO I DISABLE THIS ANNOYANCE? Thank you very much!
cyril Developer
This is a standard behavior of all the keyboards
At the moment there is no way to disable this, why do you need to press space several times by the way?
Chicha
Hi Cyril,

Would it be possible to have an option to have a comma instead ?
Since the comma requires a long press on the period key, I would prefer to double space ...
? What do you think about this idea ?

Thank you very much for your help here !
Best regards,

Charles-Henri
cyril Developer
Well, I need to think about it, let's see if someone else needs it too

(and welcome here ;) )
Chicha
I should have come here before, to say how happy i am with skb.
But you know how customers are : they only come to blame or to ask for a feature ;-)
I wish you all the best for the future.

About the suggestion : no particular hurry. Take your time, it is just a nice to have for me.
In fact I realized about the double space and period thing because your last release notes mentionned it !

See you,
Charles-Henri.
Chicha
Hi Cyril,

Forget about my request. I have disabled the display of the speech to text key.
I now have a key dedicated to coma, which is what I wanted.
I also just noticed that the comma is also available in the suggestion bar,
Which is fine to.

What about enabling the speech to text by a long press
on the language button, like it is on the new HTC desire keyboard
?

It is just an open question, since I use a gesture to enable the speech to text ...

Cheers,
Ch.

P.S: I just compared again HTC keyboard (a new version came out) with smkb.
You still win ;-)