Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Romanian Dictionary

alex_t
Hi,

I have recently bought Smart Keyboard Pro and was wondering if you have any plans to add a Romanian dictionary as well?

Don't think that should be too complicated, just get a list of words, be careful with the diacritics, put it in your format...that's all :)

Thanks!
cyril Developer
Yes that's possible, if you help me ;) Finding a good word list is the most difficult part actually, it also needs to be sorted by decreasing frequency of usage
utopic
I think I could find you a list with Romanian words. Is there a restriction for the number of words?

The word list I could give you has the words listed alphabetically, not sorted by usage frequency, but I still think it would be of better help than having nothing at all.

I'm not familiar with android development - Is it possible for the word-list to be saved somewhere in memory as an editable text file? I'm thinking I could work on it in time, directly from the phone to manually sort the words, unless you can think of a better way.
cyril Developer
A good size would be around 30000 words for instance. But actually having a list not sorted is worse than no list at all, as the dictionary will fail to autocorrect common words and the result will be very frustrating
utopic
I think I could sort the list to include the most commonly used words.

Ok, another question. How do you think it's best: to have the list with the words including romanian characters, or the same list with words, but using english/international characters?
cyril Developer
I think I could sort the list to include the most commonly used words.
Well, good luck ;) The usual way to do this is to analyze a large corpus of sentences (books, web, etc) and doing it manually seems a huge task to me
Ok, another question. How do you think it's best: to have the list with the words including romanian characters, or the same list with words, but using english/international characters?
Should be in romanian, the keyboard will cope with that
utopic
Since we last talked I've been working on the wordlist/dictionary, to clean it up. I'll send it to you when I'm happy with it. :)

Thanks.
utopic
I've sent you the wordlist, let me know when I can download the dictionary from the market. :)
Vlady
ADJP5_Doc_V8.01 ROM has built-in support for Romanian T9.
Can you manage to get a list from inside that ROM and port it for Smart Keyboard?

It works well with Samsung Keyboard, but it's kinda crap not to have comma in the first screen or no secondary functions for the principal keys...
MoshuXXL
Any progress with the romanian dictionary?
cyril Developer
So far I didn't get a usable word list, which is a prerequisite to build the dictionary.
adi55
Hi!
I'd like to have a Romanian dictionary too.
I think I can help you for this.
You can find an official common romanian dictionary at http://dexonline.ro/scrabble-loc?locVersion=5.0 witch is part of the official "Explanatory Dictionary of Romanian Language" site (aka DEX in romanian language). In the first column is the list of common words. You must only delete the the inverted comma (which in this care represent the accent for that word - not relevant and not used) in the first column . The columns 2,3 and 4 can be also deleted because are not relevant for our goal.

Yours,
alexander267
i have made a userdict.csv of about 8000 words wich you cand import into the keyboard.
lista dictionar cuvinte romana rar

http://depositfiles.com/files/3ngcnviaw
http://speedy.sh/7VCAP/lista-dictionar-cuvinte-romana.rar
the words are taken from different domains of news websites.

the archive also contains the *.csv, the *.doc and the *.xls file i used to create the userdict.csv.
also you get files of almost all the words(80.000) in romanian language. its not recommended to import more than 7000-8000 words, but you can test it
anticristian
are there any news about the romanian dictionary :( ?