Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Custom Auto Text in Galaxy Nexus

WER4GZS
My auto text does not work with my new Galaxy Nexus. I had no problem with it on my DroidX. Please help!
sherz1
Same issue. No text suggestions when typing.
cyril Developer
Is it only with AutoText, or in general? Is the User dictionary working?
I have no problem on Xoom with Ice Cream Sandwhich, which should work exactly the same...
sherz1
when i type in any text box, i do not get any word suggestions above the keyboard. i have to type in the whole word. UGH! :D
cyril Developer
Do you mean the suggestion bar doesn't appear, or only the typed word is suggested?
sherz1
please see attached. i was typing in "hello there" and i should have had "there" appear in the suggestion bar.
Screenshot_2011-12-21-09-38-01.png
Screenshot_2011-12-21-09-38-01.png
cyril Developer
Is "English for Smart Keyboard" installed? Can you check your phone logs (with "adb logcat" command or "Log Collector" app) to see if there are errors when you start typing in a field?
sherz1
ok, i am an idiot! thanks for your help, that did the trick. :)
WER4GZS
Yes the user dictionary is working and I get the word suggestions in orange but the auto text where I want to use for example type l > Leah is not working at all. I also have the problem where the keys pop up when touching them but the letter on the pop up key is almost transparent. This is also the case when long pressing the chosen word inthe suggestion bar to save to dictionary. I didn't have this problem before 4.0. Any help?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Lserve
Galaxy Nexus --- I am experiencing.problems.with the suggestion bar appearing in landscape mode. Appears fine in portrait. Primarily when in messaging applications
WER4GZS
Will we be getting a fix for the auto text anytime soon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
WER4GZS
I see the pop up key has been fixed, hurray, but the auto text still does not work for me. None of them will work and it was only after getting the galaxy nexus. I used it all the time. Any suggestions?