Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Option Request: List of apps to default to number mode in

dessa
I often use the Excel app in Docs To Go. I would like to be able to configure SmartKeyboardPro so that it always comes up in number mode when launched from this app.

Also, I don't know what info you get from the Android OS when it calls up the keyboard, but whenever it calls up the "number pad" SmartKeyboardPro should also come up in number mode. For example, SplashID, on launch, brings up a password entry screen. When I press the "123" button to get the pin-pad, SmartKeyboardPro comes up in alpha mode.

Thanks for a great product! Before I purchased it about 6 months ago, I looked at EVERY keyboard in the market at the time; this one was (and, I bet, still is) the best!
cyril Developer
Hello
technically it's possible as the keyboard knows in which app it's running
However the app is supposed to tell the keyboard whether it should display the number pad, so if the app doesn't give a hint, the keyboard cannot guess it.
What you are asking for is a bit tricky in terms of settings, I will check when I have some time