Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Enable multitouch shift key & delete-by-word

palmcrash
When holding down the shift key, I expect letters pressed in conjunction to be capitalized (e.g., Shift+foo = FOO), but Smart Keyboard requires double-tapping of shift to enter capital mode to do this. However, ICS' default keyboard & other 3rd party keyboards properly handle this Shift+<key> capitalization.

Also, it'd be great to enable delete-by-word (space or punctuation-separated) when holding down Shift+Del:
* hello world (delete "world")
* foo.bar (delete "bar")
* this_is_fubar (delete "fubar")
and so on for /,-+=!?@ etc.

Galaxy Nexus - Verizon LTE; Smart Keyboard 4.5.0
kecinzer
Holding Shift + typing is feature, that I miss very much. Frankly, I look around for another keyboard because of that.