Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

autotext and compact keyboard

davidwilsonep
Autotext doesn't always Work with compact keyboard. For example, I have an autotext entry 'omw' that expands to 'on my way'. It doesn't work since it types 'omq'. I realize I can turn off xt9, but that takes the short out of shortcut. It seems the autotext database needs to be searched in addition to English and user dictionaries to find the correct match.
DJjay
+1. Yes, autotext rarely works for me. For example, 'gun' I have set to 'hun'. And 'loo' to 'Jon', but the first words come up in all instances, not my autotext selection. This is with smart dictionary off, as I was fed up with 'were' becoming ' we're ' all the time along with other annoyances. Please fix!