Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
I'm making a new thread about this because it seems to be a bigger problem than I thought.
After the 3.5.0 update, when highlighting a word to make manual corrections, any corrections I make will be added to the word that is underlined instead. For example, if I want to type 'the sky is blue', and instead I type 'the skh is blue" and i double tap "skh" to type "sky", it'll read out as ... "the skh is bluesky" It seems to only happen with underline words - which I'm assuming means it hasn't been processed yet into the sentence.
UPDATE: Even after clearing out an entire message using "Cut All" when I start typing, it'll re-add anything I type to the underlined word. In other words, the underline word will reappear again. So using the same example above, if I 'Cut All' the line "sky is blue" and start typing "hello" on the cleared screen, it'll say "bluehello" Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm experiencing this too.
MORE: Additionally, now when I long-press the "L" to select the close-parenthesis alternate character, I get selection box with Pound sign and close-paren. Seems to have crept over from the "English (International)" language option; I use "English" setting.
And now if I press the Back button while alternate character or smiley pop-ups are onscreen, they remain on the screen instead of closing with the on-screen keyboard.
I get this as well.
Another bug I am experiencing new to 3.5.0 is that say when I go to edit a previously typed word, select that area and then press the backspace button. It backspaces at the very end of everything I typed. Requiring me (and anyone) to have to delete everything they typed after, just to fix that specific word or whichever it may be.
Can you try with new update 3.5.1?
This bug is definitely fixed in 3.5.1. Great job Cyril. Thanks.
davluth wrote:I'm experiencing this too.
MORE: Additionally, now when I long-press the "L" to select the close-parenthesis alternate character, I get selection box with Pound sign and close-paren. Seems to have crept over from the "English (International)" language option; I use "English" setting.
3.5.1 fixed the underscore/edit issue, thanks cyril.
I also noticed after 3.5.0 the change of the Pound currency symbol added to the close-paren alternate character. Was this intended?
Yes pound sign has been added on purpose, however this should have no consequence for you, the popup should not remain when you release the key
(this problem was fixed a few releases ago). If you have this problem, what is your phone?
Since close-paren is a common element of smileys, the Pound sign added to that alt char slowed thing down. It's all good with 3.5.2...thanks!
Hmm by the way why do you need to type ) for smileys? Do you know you can long press the enter key to access the smiley panel?
cyril wrote:Hmm by the way why do you need to type ) for smileys? Do you know you can long press the enter key to access the smiley panel?
Yes I do know about smiley panel, in fact I mentioned it in my 1st post in this thread because it was hanging on-screen before 3.5.2. The smiley editor is one of my favorite features of SKP. I use it for custom emoticons & many frequently used acronyms. I sometimes modify smileys for extra emphasis/happiness. :)))