Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

size of dictionary?

goodie
What is the maximum size of the dictionary?
I may be able to provide different word list for Korean..
cyril Developer
Well, the Korean dictionary is already the biggest of all the dictionaries (except Japanese, which is a bit special) supported by Smart Keyboard Pro, with 1.1 MB and 53000 words.
I don't remember what is exactly the limit, but I think for Korean it will be reached for about 80000 words
goodie
I've sent the wordlist through gmail.
Hope it's useful.
cyril Developer
Ok actually the maximum was bigger than expected
I kept 180000 words from your word list, which gives a 2.5MB dictionary
You can try it here
goodie
Thanks!
It works well for me.

BTW, I noticed that the word suggestion does not work as I have expected.
For example, when I type '걱정ㄷ', the words 걱정된 and 걱정되다 and others are suggested.
But when I type '걱정도' or even '걱정되', no words are suggested.
Do you know why that happens?
cyril Developer
Indeed there is a problem... I don't know why and I need some time for investigation
cyril Developer
By the way do you think your word list is worth to be published on the market now? (apart from the bug you mentioned)
goodie
It seems okay overall, but I found some typos and so I'm changing the wordlist a little.
I'll be able to send you the new version, probably within the next week.
Thanks a lot :D
goodie
Just sent it through gmail.
Thanks!
cyril Developer
Ok I have updated the file (ko_1-2.apk) you can download it again
I have included 200000 words this time (2.5 MB), this is quite big but I enabled the option to store it on the SD card
cyril Developer
By the way can you reproduce the bug you mentioned? I don't get it anymore with this new word list...
goodie
Yes, I get the same bug
생각ㄷ suggests 생각된 생각도 생각돼 생각될 생각되다 생각되고 ...
but
생각도 or 생각되 suggests nothing.

Similarly,
하게 sugguests 하겠다 하겠고 하겠어 ...
but
하겠 suggests 하객 only


Another bug I see is the syllable-final consonant ㅎ changed to ㅍ.
파랗다 is suggested as 파랖다
좋다 is suggested as 좊다
놓다 is suggested as 높다
...
I checked the wordlist I've sent, and it was okay, so there must have been some error in converting into dictionary.
cyril Developer
OK I will look at these problems (quite a pain to investigate but I have to...)
goodie
It seems that there's a problem with syllable-final consonant.

Just as 좋다 is suggested as 좊다,
같다 is also suggested as 갘다.
(같 is 갘+1 in Unicode. 좋 is also 좊+1 in Unicode)

When I type 간+ㄱ, it becomes 갉, (it should have been 갈+ㄱ)
and when I type 간+ㅅ, it becomes 갌. (should have been 갈+ㅅ)

Thank you very much for all the extra steps you take for Korean support!
cyril Developer
Indeed there was a bug in the dictionary converter with some final consonants! It's fixed now. I also understood the other problem, but it's more difficult to fix
cyril Developer
Ok, so I fixed all the problems you reported! (hope I didn't introduce new ones...) Can you test with the latest dictionary?
cyril Developer
By the way I published it to the market, let me know if you see other problems so that I can fix. And thanks for your work!