Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

XT9 enabled by default after restart

Mandark
[reported as Issue #45 in the bugtracker]

I'm obviously running out of things to report, here, which is a good thing :)

Anyway, this has been bugging me for quite a while, I really think the keyboard should remember the setting when using the t9/Compact layout.
cyril Developer
ok ok it's in the todo list, I will not forget it ;)
Mandark
Aaaaand it's back again :(

I'm actually on froyo, and just assumed my task manager killed the keyboard, but it actually can't.

After a reboot, the xt9 is back on :(
cyril Developer
I don't see how this could happen... Is the state saved when you switch to stock kb and back to smart keyboard pro?
Mandark
That's actually the first thing I tried (after switching to another keyboard, I can kill the process) :)

Th xt9 turns it self back on :(

(am currently on a cyanogen mod rom, if it makes any difference, but can hardly see how that would affect the behaviour...)
Am I downloading the right beta package?
cyril Developer
The beta should be right... and I use CM too
Can you backup your keyboard settings when the T9 key is off and send me your file /sdcard/smartkeyboardpro/backup.zip by mail?
cyril Developer
So indeed I don't see the T9 state saved in the preference file...
I can see 2 explanations:
1) you don't use the right version ;) (try with the official 3.7.0, it will be out soon)
2) there was a problem when you disabled the XT9 button. In which app did you disable it first after reboot?
Mandark
Indeed, it was the first one :)
zen wrote:
Mandark wrote:On an HTC Legend, and can't seem to see the Galaxy skin. Is it available to MDPI devices?
Yes, it should be. Second entry, after Android. Perhaps check if you've got the right beta? Just to be safe. http://www.dexilog.com/smartkeyboard/be ... 0-beta.apk
This one works.