Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Can't return to English - Dvorak keyboard

BioGuy
Greetings -
Am using A-2.2 and did a recent update of my SK-Pro. Unfortunately the update appears to have reset my "English (Dvorak)" keyboard to Qwerty. Same problem in both Portrait and Landscape modes. Neither "T9" nor "Compact Qwerty" are involved. I have double-checked that the "Smart Keyboard Pro Settings" for "Current Language" and "Language Selection Key" are indeed set to "English (Dvorak)" however all keyboards still show up as QWERTY in any apps I open. No "Gesture / Swipe" options are set to anything related to keyboard types or languages. I am using the "iPhone" skin and "Normal" portrait mode settings. This is on an HTC Droid Incredible w/o a physical keyboard. From within the Android 2.2 "Language & Keyboard" "Settings" window I have "Smart Keyboard Pro" checked however the Android "Touch Input" option on that page only shows a "Keyboard Types" option set of "Qwerty, Phone Keypad and Compact Qwerty"... "Qwerty" is checked and there is no option to uncheck it or to select Dvorak. Bottom line... after hours of work... I'm stumped. It worked fine before. What happened?
Thanks
cyril Developer
Hello
"Touch input" option is for the HTC keyboard, not Smart Keyboard Pro.
Maybe you are using the HTC keyboard (which would explain that changing SKP has no effect, of course)
Check the video of the FAQ to see how to change the input method
BioGuy
BINGO!! That video did the trick. I'm afraid long-pressing on the input field to bring up the actual input option is NOT very obvious!
Thanks a bunch! Great product!
By the way, may I ask what product you used to make that demo video?
Thanks again.
cyril Developer
I made the demo with the Android emulator, and recorded the screen with QuickTime Player