Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Support to switch language for Russian

aborisov
In built-in keyboard.

It would be really nice.
cyril Developer
OK I will start to work on this, but I need some information:

- which phone are you using?
- can you send me a picture of your phone keyboard?
- how do you input russian letters when there are several letters on the same key?
cyril Developer
Actually I don't know what I should I do with Russian...

On the Motorola Milestone the layout is a bit strange, with Q key mapped to both Й and Ц:
External image (www.unwiredview.com)

So implementing a different layout for the hard key translation (I mean the normal layout, with Q mapped to Й and W mapped to Ц) would be confusing for Milestone users, and implementing this layout will be confusing for non Milestone users (I think)

Thoughts?