Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Korean particles and postfixes...

goodie
In Japanese keyboard, it seems that the morphemes for verbs are mostly included, and the particles after the nouns are also supported.
But as for Korean, only separate words and the basic form of verbs are supported.

Korean language has a very similar grammar to Japanese, so I guess it is possible to do the same for Korean as well.
If you did something special for Japanese, could it be possible to apply the same for Korean?
(If you need some data to do that, I may be able to provide some...)
Or is it simply done by having a larger word-list including all combinations?
(Then I should be able to give you a even larger dataset including all combinations...)
cyril Developer
Yes of course the perfect solution would be to include some knowledge of Korean grammar instead of increasing the word list (and it's the same for all languages)
I used some open source stuff for the Japanese dictionary, as doing this myself would take years of course. It should be possible to do this for Korean as well but I have no time for this at the moment. Still a good idea (and not only for Korean!)