Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Weirdness with one of the latest updates

eolsgaard
For some reason the Smart Dictionary has been acting very strangely lately.

As you may remember, I had some problems in the past with "Ans" and "ans" not properly turning into "and," despite what my Custom AutoText told it to do. I turned on Smart Dictionary, and my problem was solved. However, now my Smart Dictionary seems to be learning the strangest things.

I recently had to add a Custom AutoText for "ate" to be "ate" because when I typed "ate," it kept changing it to "are."

Now, it's changing "sit" to "with" repeatedly in a text. This is obviously based on the grammar, as the sentence was intended to be "I should go sit" and was changed to "I should go with."

Is there a way to turn this grammar guessing thing off? I don't really like it when it changes correctly spelled words to other words.
cyril Developer
Well, no, there is not any "grammar guessing".
Can you try with the latest beta version?
If you still have problems, please backup your keyboard settings and send me your /sdcard/smartkeyboardpro/backup.zip by mail
eolsgaard
Seems to be fixed... I'll let you know if it comes up again. Thanks!
mazz0310
Question.....With the new update I had to install the dictionary from the market (English) I'm guessing is different than the last.

On the compact KB for some reason if I type "UI", it will take the "U" instead of "I", and if I manually click the "i" in the suggestion bar it doesn't capitalize it.

Sorry if that is confusing.
cyril Developer
You need to restart the keyboard... I will do an update so that you don't need it, as it was a mistake...
mazz0310
cyril wrote:You need to restart the keyboard... I will do an update so that you don't need it, as it was a mistake...
Oh yes, that did the trick. I killed the KB and selected it again and it is working normally. Thank you Cyril.
eolsgaard
Dang it, it's doing it again.

Currently, I have a new text message open, and I have it set to change "im" to "I'm". I have "im" entered, but it's suggesting "in".

Edit: Oh I guess I didn't have it set to change "im" to "I'm" but it used to do this automatically. Might be a dictionary thing. I added a Custom AutoText and it's not a problem anymore. Did something change recently though?
onthecouch
How do I "restart the keyboard"?
eolsgaard
onthecouch wrote:How do I "restart the keyboard"?
Go to applications, find SKP and "force stop"... that should work.
onthecouch
thanks. wondering is that something we have to do each time whenever skp updates?
cyril Developer
Hopefully not... Anyway when you don't understand something with computers, the universal rule is to reboot first ;)