Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see
Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email
contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
I can't seem to get autotext to work with anything other than letters or numbers.
I would like - for example - to set up an entry that would change the two characters - j@ - to my email - jeremiah@yahoo.com.
I also tried to use ++ to change to jeremiah@yahoo.com but that doesn't work either.
jj does work in changing - but I'd prefer to use j@
Thanks
Hello
@ is a word separator, so typing @ commits the previous word, which makes it impossible to use this symbol in an autotext shortcut.
The word separators are:
. ,;:!?()[]*&@{}/<>_+=|。、『』{}()「」:;[]!?~*※♪♬…_・•◦【】☆★
OK. Makes sense. Fortunately, there's another way to easily do what I want.
Thanks for the response.
One suggestion. I came to a Droid2 from the Blackberry world. My Blackberry (which I no longer have) had a great Smart-text (or perhaps auto-text) dictionary of frequently misspelled words that were automatically changed to correct spelling and some frequently used intuitive shortcuts. It'd be nice if there was an autotext dictionary we could download and add to our own that contained a list of such frequently used words. Even the list of words in the autocorrect feature of Microsoft word would be neat to have (go to word and click on Tools/Autocorrect options and look at the listing). (it's especially useful for where two words fail to be separated by a space since the spelling autocorrect doesn't always do a good job in that setting).