Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Danish dictionary lacking 'æ'

Sunebune
This keyboard is really great, but how come there's no words containing æ in the dictionary??
Please fix, or enable import of other dictionaries.
cyril Developer
Well, there are... See the attached screenshot. Which words are missing?

Attachments

device.png
device.png
Sunebune
cyril wrote:Well, there are... See the attached screenshot. Which words are missing?
Well, having used it for some time, let me put it more precisely: using the t9, I don't get any words containing æ. (Apart from the ones I add myself, of course) However, using the querty, all words are there (including æ-words). Version is 3.7.0.

I guess the screen shot is from a querty context? Otherwise, maybe it's my phone (HTC Legend) or some odd setting I'm not aware of that causes the problem just for me..?
cyril Developer
Ah ok I understand better now. So you expect the dictionary to look for æ when you type "ABC" in T9, right?
Sunebune
Yeah I guess that's it - just as that button already triggers å words.. (and mno triggers ø words)
Thanks for responding so quickly!
cyril Developer
Ok so I did that in the latest beta
Note that it didn't work in QWERTY either, unless you used the æ key of course...
GoBBLeS
I would just like to confirm that it is indeed the T9 dictionary that is lacking the suggestion functionality with 'æ'.

If I try to add words with 'æ' they do not show up as a suggestion when trying to write the word(s).

I just figured something out: If i hold down the ABC key and put in an 'æ', then the dictionary finds the words with an 'æ'.

E.g.: If it want to write "æble"(apple) and just press 2x'ABC', 'JBL' and 'DEF' then the suggestions are "aajd, bålet, bajers".
If i press and hold 'ABC' and select 'æ' and 'ABC' again the suggestions are suddenly "æa, æble, æbler, æblet, æblet"(correct.)
cyril Developer
Hmmm... anyway, it's fixed in 3.7.1 so it doesn't matter ;)
GoBBLeS
LOL yeah just got the update this morning, with the fix :D

Awesome :p