Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

more sensitive swiping

dsf
Hi, would it be possible to maybe have an option to increase the sensitivity of the swiping options, as i find that when i swipe, it does nothing. i have tested other keyboards, and the swiping tends to be a lot more sensitive. please could you look into it. thanks :)
Sally Mack
I would have to agree with this... sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 swipes to trigger the action.
cyril Developer
Increasing the sensitivity would have unexpected side effects on multitouch, so it's a bit dangerous, but there is probably room for improvement.
Anyway swipe works (almost ;) )100% of the time once you understand you need to really start the gesture from one end of the keyboard. Speed doesn't really matter if you do that.
Mandark
Having just made a comment about swyping, I must say I didn't know about the "start the gesture from one end of the keyboard".
I assume I'm not the only one, so, perhaps You could mention it somewhere? (not sure where, perhaps in the changelog, or on a first swype? :P)
cyril Developer
I added this option in the latest beta. Sensitivity has also been increased by default.
Can you try?
teomor
wow. the new sensitivity option makes closing the kb waaaay more easy.
i already put a feature request out for a close button on the kb, but it seems it isn't necessary anymore.
GREAT new feature!!

ps: i don't use multitouch, i don't even know what the means when it comes to using a keyboard.. :)
dsf
cyril wrote:I added this option in the latest beta. Sensitivity has also been increased by default.
Can you try?
Thanks very much, it's a lot easier :)