Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Greek=chinese?

kerko
Hello,
Whenever i type a message in Greek friends receive it in "Chinese" . The phone says it will be delivered destroyed. How can i type in Greek in the proper way? I have chosen both English and Greek as main languages.
Thank you
cyril Developer
The problem doesn't come from the keyboard, but from the fact your friends don't have phones supporting UTF-16 encoding.
As a workaround I suggest to use Handcent SMS, which has a "Greek SMS Mode" to handle this situation
kerko
I so much thank you for the input. Will download it asap.
mpbm23
You can write messages in capital letters and they will receive the sms normally