Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

"Voice input component is not installed on this phone!"

s1lviii
H everyone,

whenever I want to use the voice input function by clicking on the mic or swiping it tells me "Voice input component is not installed on this phone! You should disable the mic button option". Well, but I wanna use it, I wanna dictate my english text but I haven't found any clue on which Voice input component I need to install and how and where and whatnot.

Please help?

Thanks!

Silvia
cyril Developer
I cannot give a generic answer as it may depend on your phone, but try "google voice search apk" on Google, and I'm sure you will find something ;) (installing Google voice search will also install the component required to use voice input from Smart Keyboard)
s1lviii
I have the Motorola Milestone on Android 2.1, I'm from Germany so Google Voice doesn't work for me. I get it installed but then it wants me to sign up for Google Voice and it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
cyril Developer
I'm not talking about Google voice, but Google voice search, that's something else. I can't find it on the market, but there are some apks available on the web, like here
s1lviii
Well thank you, unfortunately it force closes everytime I open the app or your app tries to use it, when I hit the mic. I guess I'll have to wait until these services are available outside of the U.S.
cyril Developer
Maybe there is another apk available... Or another solution is to install a custom ROM like CyanogenMod on your phone, it has voice search pre-installed