Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Problem with Text Messages

Terox
Hey everyone,
I have a small problem and I would be very grateful if someone could help me. I am really enjoying being able to type in Japanese, but the thing is, when I send a text message in Japanese it is not being received by the other person. I have tried three different people, two with iphones and the other a droid. The people with the iphones did not receive my message but the person with the Droid did. Can someone shed some light?
cyril Developer
As replied by mail, it may be an encoding issue. When you say "not received", do you mean received with strange characters or what? I know that some carriers don't handle well texts encoded in UTF-16, that may be the issue. Or it may come from the iphone itself but it's strange, as you can type in japanese on an iphone...