Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

How can i stop underlining of the current word

PROXIMO
Congrats about the update, I am glad I don't have to use external skin any more. Just want to know how to stop underlining of the current word and what is its meaning.
Regards.
cyril Developer
Hello
you cannot really stop it as it's used for several things (auto-correction, T9, hardware key translation, voice input). It means "composing text".
There are some situations in which this is useless, but it is dangerous to change the behavior as it may break some features
PROXIMO
Well i use your KBD because it looks like the original 1, support skins and have a lot of opts(including more languages). Auto correction and T9 is nice, but i don't use it on my Wildfire because screen res is tiny (320x240) and i do not have much free screen space (don't really know what hardware key translation is for exactly and i do not use Voice for now), so may be it is a good idea not to have it when the other stuff is not active, or at least provide an option for it. I think i know what part of the text i am composing at the very moment of writing. Even in some fields it just doesnt look good.
Will be looking forward to see some changes about this issue in future updates.
Regards!
PROXIMO
up
Please make an option to disable underlining.
Thanks!
cyril Developer
It's still in the TODO list. I need some time as it's difficult and I don't want to break everything because of this change
PROXIMO
ok that' enough. I just wanted to know if you were thinking of that. Sooner or later it will happen. This is important.
Thank you.
cyril Developer
Done in the latest beta. I hope it will not break something else...
PROXIMO
Great , i love u man

edit:
for the others...
u stop underlining by disabling Quick Fixes in Prediction