Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Server error on Google Voice from keyboard

kreven
Why does this happen? I tried turning off the Wi-fi hoping that would help but it didn't.

I used handcent app before and it worked no problem. Also the Google search voice functions properly.

Any idea why this is happening?

Cheers!
cyril Developer
I guess you are trying in Japanese? Well, I don't know either... it seems to only happen with Japanese when using the new voice input API, though Japanese is a supported language. I don't like it but maybe the only solution is to use the old API for Japanese
kreven
How do I go about doing this? (I tried both Japanese and English actually)

Edit: Take that back, English is working fine but the Japanese doesnt. :o
cyril Developer
Ok that was a bug actually...
It's fixed in the this beta, and the auto-space issue as well
kreven
Will this beta mess up my current dictionary saves? Do I uninstall first or overwrite? Will it auto-update when the official is released? :?:


Or should I wait until the official release?
cyril Developer
The beta should overwrite your current version so you won't lose anything. But I suggest to use the "Backup settings to SD card" feature before installing it, then you are sure you will not loose anything! I think you should still see the update notification afterwards, but I'm not 100% sure