Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Capitalization and suggestions using physical keyboard

sfitzgerald351
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug, but would love some guidance...

When I type with the physical keyboard on my Droid and capitalize the first letter of a word using the keyboard (versus typing in all lowercase), the suggestions in the dictionary do not suggest the standard words (only proper names and words I've saved to my dictionary with the capital for the first letter).

This is really only a problem with the first sentence in an email since after that the "Capitalize after punctuation" option helps out. However, for those of us who type for business and are in the habit of typing with proper capitalization, I'm still in the habit of hitting shift for letters at the beginning of a sentence.

The aggravating part of this problem is that if I'm not paying attention, the suggestion may substitute a different word than I intended. Not a good way to start a sentence.

Thanks!

Scott
theprotoman
YES! I've been searching for a solution to this for months. I wish there were a response here because this issue/"feature" is about to cause me to find another keyboard replacement, and I LOVE smart keyboards other features!