Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Colon issues

DetergentCandy
I think the keyboard is TOO smart sometimes :P

I'm not liking how it places my colon at the end of a word, instead of at the end of my space.
Example: I want to type "Okay :D" So I press "O-K-space-colon-D" But the result is "Okay: D"
I guess the keyboard things I want to start a list or something, so it moves the colon back a space :P
I want my symbols and letters to be placed where my cursor is, not where the app THINKS I want it placed.
I'm not using any auto corrections, so I would expect it to NOT auto correct the colon directly after a word.

Currently running the trial version, but I WILL be purchasing the pro version soon enough. Sooner if this issue is resolved.


Droid X
Android 2.2
Smart Keyboard Trial 3.8.1
cyril Developer
Hello
just disable the option "swap punctuation", it's off by default so if you have this behavior it means you enabled this option on purpose ;)
DetergentCandy
Well, look at that.
I guess i'll be going pro sooner than I thought :D

Great keyboard. Keep it up!