Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Hebrew suggestions appear in reverse

MiniMizer
Hi,

First of all I wanted to say this is a great app, I found it today and bought it immediately after trying the trial version.

The only thing that slightly bothers me is that the hebrew suggestions appear in reverse order (the letters are reverse, instead of shalom it's written molahs). Normally I'd assume the problem is related to the less-than-perfect Hebrew support on Android, however when using the AnySoftKeyboard the suggestions are displayed correctly.
MiniMizer
Ah, found the solution - seems that the "RTL suggestions" setting which is on by default, reverses the hebrew words. Once I turned it off, the suggestions appeared correct.

I'm just wondering why it's doing that? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
cyril Developer
The option is on by default because there is a bug on most Android versions with handling of RTL text. You probably have a ROM with the bug fix, so you need to turn it off
MiniMizer
Indeed, you are correct. Thanks for the prompt response :)