Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

turkish kb alternative keys shouldve soft letters as default

giskaard
Turkish layout and alternatives need a lot of improvement.

We have the following soft letters in tr and they are very widely used.

Uü Sş Gğ Ii Cç Oö

When you long press U ü should be the automatic selection, instead 7 is the default and you have to drag your fingers across to select the soft letter, takes too much time, and if you dont want to bother it screws up t9 prediction. The same goes for all the other soft letters. The way this layout is implemented it is bordering on unusable. Default alternatives should be the soft letters. An easy fix but a very crucial one and must be implemented immediately, cant stress how important it is
cyril Developer
Hello
An easy fix but a very crucial one and must be implemented immediately
Well, that's how it works for ALL languages, not only Turkish, so I wonder why Turkish is so special ;)
And in the past I did that for other languages, and got complains immediately that the numbers were no more the default character after long press.
By the way, do you use the dictionary? If yes, you should not need to ever long press as the dictionary will look up for "ç" when you type "c", for "ü" when you type "u", etc (that's why the alternative letter is not the default)
But I can add an option to choose another layout as I did for Korean.
giskaard
Thanks for the quick response. T9 for turkish needs a little improvement I tried using it for 10days back the guessing inaccuracy, a big portion due to soft letters literally drove me insane. Please implement soft letter default as an option at least.
cyril Developer
Ok the good news is that I found an easy way of implementing this option for every language, so expect a beta soon with this feature!