Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Layout different from language

Marius
Hello

I'm Danish and use the Danish dictionary and layout, which works very well.

The thing is that the addition of the Danish special letters (æøå), makes the layout a bit worse than the English layout, because the two top-most rows have the same number of keys, so they are directly beneath each other, instead of slightly shifted. Since word prediction works just fine with an English keyboard (just use a for å, o for ø and a for æ), I'd like to know if there is a way, or could be a way, to set a language and use another keyboard layout?

Thanks in advance
cyril Developer
Yes, use the "Force latin layout" option
Marius
Aha, and here I thought that was meant for when your language was non-latin :)

Thanks a lot!