Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Swipe up and down on individual keys

jedwardmiller
Is it possible to add swipe up and down on individual keys. Basically so a swipe up on the u key will produce the capital u, and a swipe down on the u key will produce the 7. I prefer to swipe for extra parts instead of holding a key.

Thanks for the keyboard! I love it!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
jedwardmiller
No interest in this one? Not something that can be done?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
cyril Developer
Not easily but this could be done. Just waiting to see if someone else wants this ;)
jedwardmiller
Thanks for the quick response. The only thing I liked about the touchpal keyboard I used before yours was the swipe action on individual keys. Hopefully someone will like the idea as well. Not a deal-breaker for me at all. Your keyboard is far more superior to any I have tried.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Mandark
It's an interesting idea, might lead to the shift/caps key beeing obsolete :)

There's at least one other android keyboard with this feature, maybe talking about the pros/cons of it could be a nicve place to start evaluation?
leromarinvit
+1, this is a very useful feature in TouchPal!
Kalram
That's a very interesting feature, but as an optional choice in my opinion.