Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Application Security

Sean
Does smart keyboard store keystrokes?

Act like a key logger.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystroke_logging

If so, is there any encryption in place to protect the data?

Other then the native droid 2.x based software encryption.

I apologize if my question is not posted in the correct forum. I'm a cso so i'm just curious.

Awesome application. I type so much faster on the virtual keyboard (Droid 2). Great work.

Sean
cyril Developer
Hello
by default nothing is stored. If you enable the "smart dictionary", word frequencies are recorded in the private app database (except passwords and numbers, unless you enabled "suggest numbers" option). Then it relies on the standard android security: another app cannot access this database unless you rooted your phone and give this app root permission.