Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

question about word frequency

goodie
As far as I know, if I use smart dictionary, new words are automatically added to the word list,
and the frequencies are counted so that more frequently-used words can be suggested first.

Just out of curiosity... Is it also true when I do not use smart dictionary,
the frequency is still counted and the word suggestion changes accordingly?
or is there no change either in the word list or in frequency count?
cyril Developer
if I use smart dictionary, new words are automatically added to the word list,
and the frequencies are counted so that more frequently-used words can be suggested first.
That's how it worked in the beginning but it's no longer the case. Now the smart dictionary only records frequency of typed words, and the automatic addition of new words is now another option ("learn new words")

This answers your second question :) Frequencies can change if and only if you use the smart dictionary option
mazz0310
cyril wrote:
if I use smart dictionary, new words are automatically added to the word list,
and the frequencies are counted so that more frequently-used words can be suggested first.
That's how it worked in the beginning but it's no longer the case. Now the smart dictionary only records frequency of typed words, and the automatic addition of new words is now another option ("learn new words")

This answers your second question :) Frequencies can change if and only if you use the smart dictionary option
Is there any way to reset the smart dictionary, so that it starts with 0, some words i've used multiple times like Home and I would like the default to be "home" .... should I just type the latter a few times until it because primary?