Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Type Z - Coming Soon (Advice thread)

zeebo
Criticism and advice please! What would you like to see in a keyboard?

Type Z:
With the creation of this keyboard, I wanted to develop an easy to see, easy on the eyes, and exciting keyboard. My color scheme was different shades of grey and shades of blue. What other colors would you like to see?

Anyways, this is what I have developed so far:

External image (img201.imageshack.us)

External image (img179.imageshack.us)

External image (img143.imageshack.us)

External image (img220.imageshack.us)

External image (img121.imageshack.us)

What would you like to see done with the keyboard?

As of right now, I only have the drawable-hdpi images completed -- I have a X, so, I developed for it. I am looking for a select few testers, so, if you're interested, and have a hdpi compatible phone, send a PM, and I may send you a temporary download link.
eolsgaard
I would suggest using the same blue color throughout. I love the soft, dark blue to go with the variant grey colors. The buttons look great too wish the shading and shadows behind---very 3D. Also, the keys look a tad narrow, as compared to the Galaxy skin, but that may be on purpose.
:mrgreen:
Link
Awesome job! Love it and the only thing I would think would to make the keys as wide as you can without affecting the back shadows. I would be happy to test it for you. I have an EVO.
olta777
Wondering how this skin is coming along? :P
Skilover
This is great for tablets. How's it coming?
TheTehk17
I'm sure the dev posted it, then abandoned the project. You can see that he has only posted once, and this is it. In these cases, we can't do much. Us skin creators probably wouldn't want to copy the skin, for obvious reasons. Sorry guys, I kinda wanted this one too.

Oh, btw, my next skin is going to look kinda like this, but with different key shapes... you'll see, and I'm sure you'll all enjoy it. But for now, it's just a concept, and my life in incredibly busy, so it'll be that way for a bit :(
dan55
hi
yes that looks nice imo.

btw. does the increased key spacing aid accuracy?
cheers
dan
jedlee1234
I want to use Type Z skin
make please
:D