Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Orientation Change

onthecouch
Cyril, got a request which I don't think has been asked yet...

Could there be an independent Orientation change for SKP? I'm running Android, for example, and prefer the Orientation setting to be turned off (meaning when you hold the phone landscape, the icons do not flip into landscape screen/mode). But sometimes when I'm typing out longer messages, or when I'm typing while laying down, I'd like to type in landscape mode, but hate having to exit whatever writing program I'm in (email, messaging, etc.) just to change the Orientation setting in Android. Can there be an independent setting to have SKP automatically change the keyboard to landscape mode when the user holds it in landscape?

I notice Launcher Pro has an independent Orientation setting. Regardless of your android setting, what you set with LP, the home screen will orient or not.

Would love that feature! Thanks.
cyril Developer
I don't think it's possible, the keyboard doesn't decide by itself what is the current orientation, it's something set up by the application in which it is used
onthecouch
Ah, understood. I'll deal with it. Thanks Cy.