Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Converting SMS to MMS

foolsrwe
Good Evening, I bought this app about a week or so ago and I really love it, there is no doubt about that. I do however have one small problem I really hate.

When typing a long SMS with any other keyboard it just sends it as combined sms' but with Smart Keyboard Pro it converts it to mms. This is not a problem until the recipient cannot support mms.

I would like to know how I could turn of this conversion feature, I could not get any setting that would allow me to do this.

I would really appreciate this.

btw. when converting back to sms via the menu button cuts off all the text after 160 characters.
cyril Developer
Hello
Smart Keyboard doesn't convert anything, this is done by the SMS app. In which language do you type?
You should try Handcent SMS and play with the various options for SMS encoding, conversion, etc.