Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.
double tap on the word for respelling or capital change
vandyke
I wish a feature for changing the capital (upper/lower case) or respell a word with a double tap on the word. It would be also cool if the written word shows instantly the actual capital (upper/lower case) on change, not until pressing the spacebar.
bye
NickC
vandyke wrote:It would be also cool if the written word shows instantly the actual capital (upper/lower case) on change, not until pressing the spacebar.
Completely agree on this point. Kind of silly to not show the capitalization until the word has been accepted. Distracting because I'm not sure if I changed the caps mode correctly.
Ad Fundum
vandyke wrote:I wish a feature for changing the capital (upper/lower case) or respell a word with a double tap on the word.
Yes, when double tapping on a word, showing the suggestions again would be a very nice feature.
It would be also cool if the written word shows instantly the actual capital (upper/lower case) on change, not until pressing the spacebar.
Absolutely!!!
chtamina
plus in italian all of our verbs are like this:
- portare (to bring) - portalo (bring it to him) - portarcelo (bring it to us) - portarglierlo (bringing it to him) - ...
but each time I have to multitap the whole word to add one of those even if my dictionary already has the main word (" portare" ).
So it would be great having a way to add a word not starting from scratch but starting from an existing word
nycebo
Ad Fundum wrote:Yes, when double tapping on a word, showing the suggestions again would be a very nice feature.
Actually, I would much prefer that it work like the stock multi-touch keyboard on the Droid X. A single-tap of a work brings up the suggestion bar again in order to change the word (Smart Keyboard doesn't do this currently). A double-tap actually highlights the word in case you want to write over it completely (Smart Keyboard Pro already as this as the default behavior and it is well used). Any chance of implementation? If you like, I can email over the apk for the stock keyboard.
nick.koutrelakos
nycebo wrote:
Ad Fundum wrote:Yes, when double tapping on a word, showing the suggestions again would be a very nice feature.
Actually, I would much prefer that it work like the stock multi-touch keyboard on the Droid X. A single-tap of a work brings up the suggestion bar again in order to change the word (Smart Keyboard doesn't do this currently). A double-tap actually highlights the word in case you want to write over it completely (Smart Keyboard Pro already as this as the default behavior and it is well used). Any chance of implementation? If you like, I can email over the apk for the stock keyboard.
I completely agree with this and would love to see it implemented.
jpzsports
nycebo wrote:
Ad Fundum wrote:Yes, when double tapping on a word, showing the suggestions again would be a very nice feature.
Actually, I would much prefer that it work like the stock multi-touch keyboard on the Droid X. A single-tap of a work brings up the suggestion bar again in order to change the word (Smart Keyboard doesn't do this currently). A double-tap actually highlights the word in case you want to write over it completely (Smart Keyboard Pro already as this as the default behavior and it is well used). Any chance of implementation? If you like, I can email over the apk for the stock keyboard.
I agree with this too! This would be an excellent feature addition.
Enhanced
Bumping this again for the word replacement feature. After using this keyboard for the greater part of my Android life and then trying the Gingerbread keyboard for a few weeks, I gotta say that this is the one feature that I would love for this keyboard to have.
Simply, I would like to single tap a word for the suggestion window to come up again for that word and then a single tap on a suggestion to replace that word. Preferably, a space would not be added after the replacement so there wouldn't be a double space.
Aside from the smaller keys that may make the Gingerbread keyboard more accurate, I believe that SKP beats it in almost every facet. The main feature of the GB feature is accuracy and word prediction and I think SKP is just as good, if not better. Keep up the good work!
nick.koutrelakos
Bump.
Cyril, any input?
jpzsports
Please add this feature! It'd make things much easier.
SaKeygo
I think this would be good, too. This feature is one thing I've noticed I like a lot when using other keyboards that have it.
onthecouch
Yes, this feature is implemented in the stock Android keyboard, and it's one of the best new features. Even un-intentional auto corrections can benefit from this. For example, I have a friend whose name is "Rawle" but that often gets auto corrected to "crawled." By tapping (it's once only on the GB keyboard) on the word, I can switch it back to "Rawle" from the suggestions bar. It displays my original typing, and other words that it might suggest ("crawler, crawlers, crawl" etc).
It's a very handy feature. I hope it will be added.
cyrilDeveloper
Indeed this feature is in Gingerbread keyboard, it could be probably be implemented in SKP as well.
nicky041192
+1
cyrilDeveloper
I will be a bit short in time to put this in version 3.13, but it will be probably in version 3.14 (pi )
obearden
Thanks for an amazing keyboard.... This would be an excellent addition. willing to make a small donation
Redvision
I registered on this forum specifically to request this feature. But one thing that wasn't mentioned is that the stock keyboard doesn't have this feature for words that were entered by voice. Only words that were typed in. Better Keyboard, on the other hand, allows it for all words. Please be sure Smart Keyboard allows it for all words as well. I enter most of my text by voice.
And I vote for single tap as well.
Thanks for the great product. It will be perfect soon
Redvision
Do you have an et on this one? For me, it's the determining factor as to whether or not I buy and use this keyboard. If it works as well as Better Keyboard, that is.
cyrilDeveloper
No ET at the moment... it's quite more difficult to implement than in stock keyboard, due to support of "special" languages such as Korean and Japanese (you will tell me that you don't need these languages, but anyway it makes the whole thing more difficult to implement )
serenewaffles
Was this ever implemented? It doesn't seem to work for me (using the trial). This would probably be the thing that pushes me to buy Smart Keyboard if it gets put in.
serenewaffles
I don't know if you are still trying to work on this, but it is the only thing keeping me from buying the full version. It sucks when you forget to change a word and it gets counted as a use, making the smart dictionary think you use it more often than you actually do.
cyrilDeveloper
This feature is being implemented, it will be (partially) available in a beta version soon
cyrilDeveloper
As promised: here it is! The new feature is called "Touch to correct" (in text prediction settings) and is enabled by default. Waiting for your feedbacks, as it has not been extensively tested yet.
tmiv44
The feature appears to be working really well on my Thunderbotl (2.2 not rooted). only thing i noticed is when you have typos and a missed space. So often what happens to me as i'm typing is i miss hit the space bar, i either hit the arrows below it, or one of the letters above. so what happens when i go back to "touch to correct" is i have to go in and edit and add in the space that i missed. after the the touch to correct feature doesn't work on any letters after the newly entered space. here's an example:
i want to type "I can't" i hit the following letters I-N-C-A-N-T it automatically changes it to "infant" i touch on the word and get the choices to correct and i select "incant" then i use the arrow keys and backspace until i have "i cant" then the touch to correct no longer works. it would be nice if i could hit the "i" to capitalize it, or the "cant" to change it to "can't".
i know it's a small thing, but i'm sure there are other examples for when people don't hit the space bar correctly.
biffel
NickC wrote:
vandyke wrote:It would be also cool if the written word shows instantly the actual capital (upper/lower case) on change, not until pressing the spacebar.
Completely agree on this point. Kind of silly to not show the capitalization until the word has been accepted. Distracting because I'm not sure if I changed the caps mode correctly.
+1: it's the most annoying thing about this keyboard in my opinion. Surely the suggestion bar should show what would actually be inserted in the text?
Brett
cyrilDeveloper
You are right, this is quite disturbing. It's fixed in the latest beta.
fvs114
biffel wrote: +1: it's the most annoying thing about this keyboard in my opinion. Surely the suggestion bar should show what would actually be inserted in the text?
Brett
It is not actually shown in suggestion bar but in text window ..... , but it works and that counts....