Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Larger keyboard in portrait mode? - edit: disregard

dalemccl
Edit: Please disregard this. I found out what I was doing wrong.

I am using the trial version of Smart Keyboard Pro on a Droid X with Android 2.2. There is an option in the settings in the General section for "Portrait fullscreen". It is described as: "set the keyboard to fullscreen in portrait mode (can be useful for smaller screens.)"

The Droid X doesn't have a small screen, but I had hoped this option would create a larger keyboard in portrait mode so it would be easier to type with my shaky hands (The "Big Buttons" keyboard I am using now has a much larger keyboard in portrait mode, but lacks the many nice features of Smart Keyboard, which is why I am trying out Smart Keyboard). But checking this option does not change the size of the keyboard in portrait mode. It still only occupies approx. the lower one-third of the screen and the keys are about the same size as the stock Droid X keyboard. Have I misunderstood what the "Portrait fullscreen" option is supposed to do?