Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Greek Keyboard with T9

oineas25
The smart keyboard is the only keyboard that works on 240x320 resolution for android and having numbers like keyboard.
Im from Greece and I realy want to see my language working with T9.
I m posting an txt file with words, hoping to help the developers.
Its opensourse file taken from the univesity of Patras http://elspell.math.upatras.gr/.
For any further hepl or anything please contact me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?88y4cdsz17pfi5s
cyril Developer
Hello
thanks for the link, but the problem is that this word list is sorted by alphabetic order, whereas I need to a list sorted by frequency of usage to build a usable dictionary
oineas25
Can anyone pls give some directions how to help?
cyril Developer
I'll have a look at this word list (getting frequencies from Wikipedia is not a perfect method in my opinion, but it's better than nothing) but you can try this Greek IME and let me know if the dictionary behaves correctly?
oineas25
Greek IME behaves just fine.
Im using it daily, but no T9 or phone keyboard in it.
BTW I translate 30% in Greek on crowdin.net for smart keyboard.
When I have more free time I ll translate everything.
cyril Developer
Please wait a bit for Greek dictionary, Wikipedia download server is dead at the moment...
dimitris02
Just to back oineas25 idea. There are lots of Greek smartkeyboard users in need of a proper T9 disctionary.
cygnus
i would definitely buy this keyboard if it had proper greek support (dictionary and T9, not just layout). Without it it's not useful at all and i'm stuck with the HTC IME
vareblade
Any plans we getting a Greek dictionary?
guessdroid
A greek dictionary (on virtual and keyboard mode) would make this app a must have for all adroid greek users. Please hurry to release one D:
paokoutsa
I think that smart keyboard and swift keys are equal competitors to replace my default android keyboard. I would happily spend the amount to buy the pro version of smart keyboard if only it provided Greek T9 support.

I don't know if it is of any help but after doing my search I've found this service:
http://www.lexiteria.com/word_frequency ... _list.html
that seems to offer greek dictionary with word frequencies under pay. I would be glad to see that implemented in your keyboard. Thank's in regards.
slekkas
Any news about greek support? I love android but the only reason that I've regretted leaving iphone is greek spellcheck. I text a lot in greek but because I'm raised in canada my spelling is really bad. I will buy the pro version immediately if I can get proper greek support for smart keyboard.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
iridaki
I really love this keyboard... I was using HTC IME mod but this is far better because of the skins and the official updates.
But I really miss the T9 function, especially because without it I have to input letters with accents (ά, ή, ί, ό) manually by sliding on the popup
and it is kind of time consuming when writing long emails, for instance. :cry:

So, any news on that?
I am even willing to help in any way that I can.
cyril Developer
Yes I'm looking at this now
slekkas
cyril wrote:Yes I'm looking at this now
Thanks. I will purchase the app as well if you add greek support. I will also post at every greek forum and advertise that you have greek support to make people buy the app.
cyril Developer
OK, the dictionary is ready on Android Market! ("Greek for Smart Keyboard")
I have included the top 200000 words from aspell dictionnary, I hope it's enough (the resulting apk is already quite big)
Waiting for your feedbacks!

By the way, real T9 (with 3 letters per key) will require some development and a new release of the keyboard
cyril Developer
So no feedback on the dictionary? Quite surprising, given how many people asked for it...
slekkas
cyril wrote:So no feedback on the dictionary? Quite surprising, given how many people asked for it...
I wrote in market and rated 5 stars. Its working great. Thank you very much for this.
dimitris02
thanks for your effort. i noticed lots of words missing. why is that?
cyril Developer
I kept half of the words otherwise the apk would have been very big (it's already big...). Are these common words?
slekkas
cyril wrote:I kept half of the words otherwise the apk would have been very big (it's already big...). Are these common words?
Greek language has a huuuuge dictionary. We have about 200 words to say the "F" word and we use them all :D
guessdroid
The dictionary works perfect in the virtual keyboard however I cannot type greek using the physical keyboard on my SE X10 mini pro. Shift-space doesn't change language I can only type english. Is this another feature and will you ever implement it? Having text-prediction when using the physical keyboard in english works like a charm and I wish I could do that in greek too.
cyril Developer
Yes this is another feature that will be implemented as well
cyril Developer
guessdroid wrote:The dictionary works perfect in the virtual keyboard however I cannot type greek using the physical keyboard on my SE X10 mini pro. Shift-space doesn't change language I can only type english. Is this another feature and will you ever implement it? Having text-prediction when using the physical keyboard in english works like a charm and I wish I could do that in greek too.
You can test this new feature in the latest beta version. Long press to get accents is not yet implemented.