Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

"Learn new words" improvement

tomas.prokopic
I must say your keyboard is absolutely awesome. I am using SE Xperia Mini with your keyboard and I am writing even faster than on my previous phone that had regular keys! Fantastic!

I write mostly in czech language and in this language one word can have a large number of variants (suffixes) and not all are included in the Czech dictionary that I dowloaded for your keyboard. The thing is that the word I want to type consists usually of a word that already is in the dictionary, but I just need to change the last one or two characters of the word (or add one or two characters at the end of the word). I realized that if I type a word using T9 and then turn T9 off and type the remaining two characters, the word is not saved in the user dictionary. I realized that "Learn new words" function works only for words that are completely typed with T9 turned off. It would be great if it could learn words that are typed partly using T9 and partly typed without T9. For me "a word" is a string between two spaces (or other non-alphabetic characters).
Sally Mack
The same applies for learning new words with the compact keyboard... there should be a way to type a word, select it, then add a few letters at the end, and then have it be able to save the entire word, not just those last few letters you typed.