Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Mic key in symbols keyboard

JFDroid
Is it possible to add an option to put the mic key in the symbols keyboard and putting the comma on the standard, main qwerty keyboard?

This option is available in the stock Android 2.2 keyboard.

Essentially, I want to leave the mic key enabled, but have it displayed in place of the comma on the symbols keyboard, and have the comma on the main keyboard. This way, I can get to the comma key instantly, and if I want to do voice input, it's just two clicks. I use the mic key a lot as I'm sure do others, but I use the comma key a bit more, so this option would be very beneficial. Plus, Google, as I said, made this an option on the stock Android 2.2 keyboard... and I think they hit the nail on the head with it!

Thanks Cyril if you can get around to this!
cyril Developer
I may add this option, but if you use mic often, don't you think it's faster to use a swipe gesture rather than 2 clicks at 2 different locations on the screen?
JFDroid
I'd appreciate the added feature. Gestures are nice, but I usually forget they are there, and I don't use the mic *that* often. As an occasionally used feature, it would be convenient enough.