Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Floating prediction line

Egholm
I love the keyboard.
But I miss the floating "prediction line" of the standard keyboard. Having it floating makes the keyboard take up less space.

E.g. when answering an SMS in Handcent's quick-reply popup-dialog the standard keyboard leaves more space for the dialog, hence I can read much more of the incoming SMS than when smart keyboard is open...
eolsgaard
I agree this might be a nice option. The bad thing about the current prediction line is that it moves everything up above it when it pops up, while the floating HTC keyboard prediction line is narrow enough to fit just below the text you're typing, so it flows up more naturally. Not sure how difficult this would be, though.