Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

SKP doesnt seem to correct mis spelt words

dan55
hi all,

i could have something set wrong but i cant figure it out

very often i mis type a word but SKP doesnt figure it out - i can see the correct word shown in the 2nd slot in the suggestions
but the mis spelt one is still selected :/

cheers
dan
cyril Developer
As I explained before, this cannot happen unless the misspelled word is valid, ie part of a dictionary. You should turn off "learn new words" if it's too agressive for you
dan55
hi Cyril.
yes I know sorry. I have turned off learn new words feature as you suggested.
and I clean out my user dictionary often.

but SKP still doesn't correct/guess the correct words. maybe I'm using it wrong
but it just seems odd

cheers
dan
dan55
hi Cyril,

just tested this on standard keyboard and that does correct the mis spelt words as expected - so must be an issue/setting with SKP ?

cheers
dan
cyril Developer
Can you give precise examples? I cannot give generic answers (and the user dictionary of smart keyboard is not shared with the stock keyboard so it could explain differences)
dan55
Hi Cyril
Very interesting. Previously SKP wasn't guessing any words hardly at all.
But not that I have really installed it ,it seems to be working very well :-)
So guess must have not installed correctly the first time ?

Sorry for the grief
Cheers
Dan