Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Feature Request: Enlarge Backspace Key

otj287
I have been using Smart Keyboard for a while and the one thing that keeps getting me is the delete "X" button being too small. I will find myself usually hitting a bunch of "M" keys instead of the backspace key and my fingers are pretty tiny.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the delete key enlarged a bit? I saw with the latest revision, we have the option of hiding other keys to make the space bar larger which made me think of this suggestion.

One thing I noticed when using Google Voice to send a text, is that the keyboard is slightly different. A smiley emoticon appears. If the delete button were replaced by the smiley emoticon (is this a Google feature or something because sending a regular text doesn't bring up this keyboard even though Smart Keyboard is the input method) that would solve the problem (at least in Google Voice).

Thanks!