Archived forum. This is a read-only copy of the Smart Keyboard community forum (2010–2015), kept for its history and its skins. Posts are shown as they were written, so some answers are out of date — see Help for current information. Want a post of yours removed? Email contact@smartkeyboardpro.com.

Payment and download issues

cyril Developer
This topic gives some answers to common questions about download and payment issues for Smart Keyboard Pro with Android Market.

- I bought the app and cannot download it: why?
If you cannot download the app from Android Market, it usually means you actually did not buy it, because your payment has been declined. Don't be fooled by the "Purchased" status you can see in Android Market in front of "Smart Keyboard Pro", actually Android Market can display "Purchased" even though the purchase failed.
The only reliable way to check your order status is to connect to http://checkout.google.com with your Google account, and there you will find a summary of all your orders on Android Market. You should also you check the emails you received from Google Checkout, they contain all the needed information to follow your order. If you see "Payment declined" or "Authorization failed", it means your payment has failed and you will not be able to download.

- So, why is my payment refused? I have plenty of money on my bank account!
Credit card authorization problems with Google Checkout have (usually) nothing to do with the money you have on your account. Authorization can fail if you put wrong information in Google Checkout, for instance wrong card number (obvious reason) or wrong name (not the name written on your credit card). But a common issue is that your bank may not allow payments in foreign currencies with your credit card. Indeed as Smart Keyboard Pro is sold from France, the payment is collected by "Google Payment Limited", which is a company based in the UK, and the app has to be paid in Euros, not US Dollars (or anything else). So you may need to contact your bank to get authorization for this order.

- So, how can I solve the problem?
The best way is to cancel your order from Android Market, and fix your credit card information (or contact your bank, or using another credit card) before trying again. If you don't find any way to use Android Market, you can also buy the app outside the official Android Market, with SlideME or PayPal (see here).

- I canceled the order, but I was charged anyway: did you steal my money??
Of course, nobody wants to steal your money. Normally, no money is taken from your bank account until the order is confirmed (usually 30 hours after the purchase), so if you cancel your order during the 24-hour trial period, nothing should happen. However with some banks, Google Checkout has to take money when you download the app, and if you cancel the order, you may see a refund only several days later.

- My download is stuck while trying to update, and I cannot even cancel it (the Market app crashes), what can I do?
If this happens, restarting your phone will not help. The only solution is to reset the Android Market app, with the following procedure: Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Market > Force stop then Clear data and cache
lopesr
Hi,

I had downloaded the keyboard and due the fact that I can use different languages I am loving it.
Also the fact that writing on a tablet became much simpler.

I want to pay for it, but don't like to give my credit card details (never loaded them in any website).
Can you tell me, please, if I can pay with pay pall?
There's any other method apart credit card?

Thanks very much, best regards,

RL
lopesr
Dear Sirs,

Ignore my last message, please... found your link outside Android Market and make already a payment... next time I promise to read everything first. :))

Any problem with download issues I will let you know.
should I uninstall it now and downloaded it again through the link you're going to send me?

Regards,

RL

lopesr wrote:Hi,

I had downloaded the keyboard and due the fact that I can use different languages I am loving it.
Also the fact that writing on a tablet became much simpler.

I want to pay for it, but don't like to give my credit card details (never loaded them in any website).
Can you tell me, please, if I can pay with pay pall?
There's any other method apart credit card?

Thanks very much, best regards,

RL
deckoff
I bought the keyboard from paypal, how can I get updates when they arrive???
cyril Developer
Just use the same download link, you will always get the latest version
Hopie
Hello, i bought smartkeyboard with paypal.

my problem is, i loose my email with the licence key. can you send my key with email?
cyril Developer
No problem just send a mail to smartkeyboard at dexilog.com with your full name.
janhall_us
Bought the app from SlideMe tonight but can't find anywhere to download the "English for Smart Keyboard Pro" that it's asking for. I do not have market access since I have a tablet only running 1.6. Where can I get the dictionary outside of the market? Thank you.
stevelick
I purchased the pro keyboard a week ago but never got a unlock code. How do I receive the code. I purchased on pay pal...
cyril Developer
Hello
I resent the mail to you (it was sent 2 weeks ago just after your payment).
cyril Developer
Actually your server rejected the mail... I will resend it from another account
sig
Hi.

I have bought Smart Keyboard Pro via the SlideME marketplace and it has been regularly updated since then. But now I see that you have released a new version, v4.0.1, but the latest version at the SlideME marketplace is only v3.16.0.
Will this new update be available via SlideME soon?

Best regards,
Sigurdur.
cyril Developer
It's available now. There is always a small delay in order to make sure that the new version doesn't introduce bugs
sig
cyril wrote:It's available now. There is always a small delay in order to make sure that the new version doesn't introduce bugs
Thank you for that. I have now updated.
stevelick
You sent me the unlock code right away and I appreciate that. I attempted to install it. And it does not show under the input options . Any suggestons for me? Using Anddroid ,1.6 on a AT&T Sony experix 10 phone.
pdl1
I need your help. I bought and paid for the Smart Keyboard a few months ago. Since then my son "upgraded" my Mytouch phone to the Froyo ROM. Since then I cannot download any paid apps, new or old, including updates. Free ones load fine. I checked my Google and Android markets- no problems. Short of reprogramming my phone, is there any alternative? I tried clearing the Market cache on the phone- no help. Can I download updates to my PC and transfer them to the SD card?
Thanks

Paul DeLeeuw (pdl@mail.com) (pauldeleeuw369@gmail.com)
vareblade
Google announced new countries can now see paid apps on the market. Is there a way to change the donate version to the paid one? (so we can get updates through the market instead of manually downloading and installing them)
cyril Developer
pdl1 wrote:I need your help. I bought and paid for the Smart Keyboard a few months ago. Since then my son "upgraded" my Mytouch phone to the Froyo ROM. Since then I cannot download any paid apps, new or old, including updates. Free ones load fine. I checked my Google and Android markets- no problems. Short of reprogramming my phone, is there any alternative? I tried clearing the Market cache on the phone- no help. Can I download updates to my PC and transfer them to the SD card?
Thanks
You need a ROM signed by Google to access paid apps, I guess the one your son installed is not signed. The only way is to install a correct ROM...
cyril Developer
vareblade wrote:Google announced new countries can now see paid apps on the market. Is there a way to change the donate version to the paid one? (so we can get updates through the market instead of manually downloading and installing them)
This is the usual question when Google adds new countries, but unfortunately the answer is no (Android Market doesn't allow developers to "offer" apps; the only way of doing is that is refunding the order, but in that case updates are no more available).
choi eum ok
I bought smartkeyboard at android market now.
But i can't continue my purchase from confirmation..
now i saw this, but unfortunately, this trial was my second so i can't cancel my purchase.
i think my credit card was just for korea money, so i'd like to try another card.
what can i do? can i get a refund again?
cyril Developer
If your card was refused, it means you didn't pay, so there is nothing to refund... If you cannot cancel the order yourself send a mail to smartkeyboard at dexilog.com with your order number so that I can see what happens.
eltrky
Plz I cant to buy the smart keyboard from google play also frome paypal can you add the program in app center so I can buy it?
gaegouli
Hi
I bought smart keyboard pro on SlideME. But SlideME does not propose any version after 4.6.1, eventhough your website now shows that the latest version is 4.6.3.
If I use the market to find skp, the market does indicate that the latest version is 4.6.3 but I do not have the update button as for other apps I downloaded directly from the market.
So how can I update skp now ?

Gaegouli
a.bawardi
gaegouli wrote:Hi
I bought smart keyboard pro on SlideME. But SlideME does not propose any version after 4.6.1, eventhough your website now shows that the latest version is 4.6.3.
If I use the market to find skp, the market does indicate that the latest version is 4.6.3 but I do not have the update button as for other apps I downloaded directly from the market.
So how can I update skp now ?

Gaegouli

Same problem exactly :(
Zhane Canalpan
Very informative post.
Please I cant to buy the smart keyboard from Google play also from Pay pal can you add the program in app centre so I can buy it?
chrltnz88ssn
Informative post for the consumers who like to buy products or apps from android market. Smart Keyboard Pro is very helpful to write on a tablet very swiftly and easily.
erectz
stevelick wrote:I purchased the pro keyboard a week ago but never got a unlock code. How do I receive the code. I purchased on pay pal...

Same here